Login

Educated Earth's Official Forum **You Can Login Via Your EEarth Account**

Register Member List Medals

Japan gets shaken up

The geological processes that shape the world we live in.

Japan gets shaken up

Postby AverusBlack » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:07 am

So I'm sure you've all read or heard about the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. From what I understand it was a relatively shallow earthquake, and struck off the pacific coast of the country. It's being hailed as one of the top ten most powerful quakes in recorded history (though that's not saying much as far as geological timescales go), and yet not many people have died from it.
It's pretty interesting seeing footage of Japanese officers and citizens closing bunker-like anti-tsunami doors and walls, and just how little harm has come to people in this whole thing. The property damage is probably going to be atrocious, but compared to the disaster in Christchurch the Japanese got off pretty easily, I think.

I have a friend in New Zealand who's husband is part of their armed forces, and she told me they're still pulling bodies out of Christchurch. What a mess.
Realize
Real eyes
Real lies
AverusBlack
Site Admin

Re: Japan gets shaken up

Postby Nova » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:33 am

Obviously this was posted prior to the nuclear crisis that is actively unfolding ;)

Click here for a thread on the atomic situation or post a reply here regarding the earthquake + aftermath!
The Future Is Yours.
Nova
Site Admin

Postby Spock » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:18 pm

Thank you for your in-depth coverage of the disaster in Japan. It is nice having a reliable, cited, source of information.
Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. - Spock, The Wrath Of Khan
Spock

Medals: 1
Medal Of Pointiness (1)

Postby aron123 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:54 am

Thanks for share...

Subscribe for test king
aron123

Return to Earth Sciences