Login

Educated Earth's Official Forum **You Can Login Via Your EEarth Account**

Register Member List Medals

NEW YORK (AP) — Todd Bowles is staying put as

From the Hobbit to the Zerg, chat about Fantasy & Sci-Fi here.

NEW YORK (AP) — Todd Bowles is staying put as

Postby liny195 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:39 pm

coach of the New York Jets.For now Jachai Polite NFL Jersey , at least.It was business as usual Monday for Bowles, whose job status appeared extremely shaky after the Jets' embarrassing 41-10 loss to the Buffalo Bills on Sunday , their fourth consecutive defeat that dropped the team to 3-7. "We picked a bad day to have a bad day," Bowles said during a conference call.No doubt about it.Fans at MetLife Stadium booed the team throughout and chanted for the Jets to fire Bowles. That sentiment was echoed by many fans on social media and sports radio Monday morning. Several published stories also speculated that the time to make a change would be now with the Jets heading into a bye-week break.Instead, owner Christopher Johnson opted to not fire Bowles.The two were scheduled to have their usual Monday meeting later in the day, but no change in Bowles' status was expected."What gives me faith that I'm the right guy? I coach football," Bowles said. "As a coach, you go back to the drawing board. And that's what I'm going to do. We'll come back and we'll prepare better and get ready for the next one."For many, it's a surprise that there will even be another game for Bowles to coach with the Jets.He is 23-35 during his run with the Jets, a .397 winning percentage that is better than just one coach in franchise history with at least 30 games in charge: Rich Kotite (.125). And, as anyone familiar with the team knows, that's one name you'd prefer to not be associated with.The Kotite years, when New York went 4-28 during the 1995-96 seasons, are synonymous with losing. It's not nearly as bad with Bowles. But there hasn't been much winning, either.The Jets got off to a promising start under Bowles, who guided New York to a 10-6 record in 2015 but fell a win shy of the playoffs in his first season — losing a win-and-in game against Buffalo in the regular-season finale. Many expected the Jets to take the next step under the coach, who was considered a terrific defensive mind in stops in Miami, Philadelphia and Arizona.It hasn't happened.Consecutive 5-11 seasons followed, and now there's this increasingly dismal one, in which even five wins might be tough to come by. And, Bowles doesn't need to look far to point blame.
liny195

Return to Mystic Realm